Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thy Will Be Done continued...

Thy Will Be Done….
I was thinking the other day, how on a couple of occasions, someone wronged me and I just said, "Lord this one is above me, I don't know how to handle it. I am going to do what I should do more often and let You take care of that person."  On at least one occasion, the person actually died in a horrific way within a day or two, and I was struck by the "fear of God," as the Bible calls it. I, in no way, wanted the person to die, never once thought of it.  I was in a fit of confusion for a day or two, wondering if God would have brought about her death.  Thing is, what she did to me, was to deliberately try to cause my injury.  I was in a place that had I fallen when this person tried to make me fall, I could have died. I wondered did she just want to scare me or was there enough malice in her heart to actually try and hurt me. So all I could do was say, "Lord you handle this. I could be misjudging her." But when I heard she died, and how she died, I had chills and a sick feeling for days. Is this how God answered my prayer? Or was it just her time? Did her reckless behavior somehow hurt her instead of someone else?  I still don't know the answer, but I have learned that God's will may not always be the same as my will. Sometimes, in God's will, He allows our reckless behavior to take us to its consequences.
The actual meaning of "thy will be done," is to relinquish to God our lack of knowledge about how He built things to run smoothly. He doesn't expect us to be able to do his perfect will. That is how we confuse things with God. WE get things backwards. It is not that we pray, Lord I will do thy perfect will. It is that we pray, Lord I allow in my heart that you may intervene anywhere, before or after I mess things up, to redirect things toward thy perfect will. Thy will be done.  Let it happen in my everyday life. In this way, God is always responsible. It takes a huge burden off me. If God is responsible for my life and how it turns out, why do I often fall into the pit of trying to make life work out for me? It is like trying to play God.  And I can't.

Lord: I thank you that I can rest today and let you take care of the God's will part:) Amen.

No comments: