Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter, and God in Contol


It is Easter, and I find myself wondering just how close the time is for Christ to come again.  The dogwoods bloomed early this year, as did the azaleas, so my yard is once again looking a bit blah.  It is no matter as long as there is green grass for hiding eggs, and lots of lovely neighborhood children in colorful clothes out searching for them.  We had our first strong storm, and the hail bashed some of the blooms that have not faded, but I was thankful that I had staked the Peonies well, so their heavy pods ready to bloom did not fall over and break their stems.  The clematis has climbed nearly to the top of the arbor at the mailbox.  And the Shamrock almost totally sprang back up just to face the sun. 
Some of the container gardens have way too much rainwater standing in them, so I have to continue to tilt them to pour it off, but the precious Trillium that I staked so it's gangly stalk would not fall prey to the vines, is quite content since the earth drank some of the deluge that settled about it.
I changed into work clothes and began to water the things the wind and sun had managed to dry out front, even though I thought I might have made it through the day without working the garden at all. But no. 
My neighbor who injured his head is some better, but could not stay at the rehab center, but was returned to the hospital.  My father-in-law was able to return to the nursing home, but he is still a little in need of totally getting rid of all that ailed him.  The stroke has left him half the man he was however, and that is likely to remain with no remedy unless God intervenes.
My water heater was finally replaced thanks to the fact that my son used his few off hours, and at some personal expense was late to supper at home a night or two, for which his wife did not let him live down.  But I must admit, I see him so little that I begrudge that bit of time I got to spend with him, even though we never are able to get him around unless we need his help.  So SAD.
It is life and it continues to challenge us, and remind us how much we need our Dear Lord.  The day is a bit cool, the sun is delightful, the clouds are skipping by in the gentle winds, it feels for a few moments like all is well with my soul.
Lately, I seek this awareness.  That everything is well with my soul. No matter the struggles of life, or the fears for the future, I have a great deal of peace that a real and loving God is in control.
Happy Easter to all who might wander here.  God bless you and your families.  I pray for the salvation of any who are lost.  May every seeker hear quite loudly the voice of God calling them, "come home."
Lord bring souls to the body of Christ today and everyday. Us our words and works if it is possible and according to thy will. Amen.

No comments: