Friday, May 25, 2012

100 DAYS


Thursday morning, my husband said, "This is day 99."  I couldn't help but be amazed at God again. This week I posted about our countdown to Jimmy coming home from Vietnam years ago on Christy's MY WINGS ARE MADE OF FAITH blog, where I am guest writer.  Part I of my post went up on Wednesday, one day before.  That means Wednesday was day 100 - of our new countdown.  It has been over 40 years ago now since we counted down our first short-timer's calendar, marking the days until Jimmy came home from Vietnam.  That time it was from war.  This time it is to his retirement date.   Once again he is coming home.  Once again he is really full of expectation and plans for a future. He is so excited. How perfect that I first posted about that calendar on day 100 of his present countdown, and had no idea that I was doing that.  You see, short-timer's calendars start with day 100. God has the best sense of humor.  And he once again marks my heart with assurance that HE IS REAL and is involved in the daily processes of my life! What an Amazing God. First, my  Hallmark datebook for 1971, about which I had forgotten, ended up in plain sight where I would have to pick it up and look at it.  NO coincidence. But before I picked it up, the Lord gave me the "establish your heart" verses. Then while I was writing the blog, I decided to pick up the little calendar lying in the floor, and I could see God in everything I was doing.  He designed a blessing for me and I hope for our readers! You are amazing God, AMAZING!
Today is Part II of "Establish Your Hearts" on WINGS.  Get the whole story and be amazed with me. Can you see God in the things you do.  God will reveal himself to you, just ask him.
Lord I love you!  AMEN

No comments: