Wednesday, July 20, 2011

God Is In the Details

For some time now, we have been in a "wait on the Lord mode."  I haven't wanted to ask God to do things in my life. Instead, I have just wanted Him to choose and do what ever was in His will.  He has totally supported us, kept us, and led us, 'cause I just had to give up trying to figure out what to do.  It isn't a bad place to be, because in essence we should always be seeking His will anyway, but... I have been dull minded in just not asking God for much of anything, except that He somehow Bless my husband. 
 Well, as blessings have come in, (which in a recession means that you just get the essentials,) I haven't missed much. A lot of things I feared might happen, didn't, and that in itself was a blessing. A lot of things I feared would happen did though, and we have just been adjusting.  But I have gotten out of the habit of doing something with my blessings.  I haven't made many active choices, other than to eat, make myself get dressed and keep some kind of routine. And not stay in the house so much.  Spend time with grand babies.  Take pictures. Learn how to blog, draw and paint a little.  Read up on the techy stuff some.  Find a few favorite TV shows. Move the mess around a little....


It has been a rest of sorts. There is a stirring in me however, that says the Lord is ready to ask me to set a few goals, and see His plan. It's like peeling the potatoes for the stew, knowing that you are about to make a stew. I want to be sure that the Lord is doing the stirring of the pot however. So I am peeling my potatoes kind of slowly. However the Lord has given me - shall we say - carrots too.  So I will obey and for now I will heat the water, and peel the carrots, and let's just see what else will come in for my stew.

 When I was a child I watched a children’s program called  Captain Kangaroo”, where I became enamored with a story of someone who made "stone soup."  He went about telling everyone they were invited to come to dinner to have some of his stone soup.  As it turned out, everyone brought something that they thought might taste nice in his stone soup.  In the end they had a very tasty pot of soup chock full of delicious things. That is sort of how I feel - Like the Lord gave me the stone and pot, and fire to get the post started, but I am waiting on the rest of the ingredients to make it delicious.  (God to make known the details.) I can smell it cooking now…..
I have even asked a few people to the dinner.  I was pleasantly surprised that they wanted to come. Thank God it's all free, cause I have just about as much to offer as the guy with the stone.
But just maybe, there is a blessing to be had if we listen to the Lord and Obey. 

Lord, as you stir my heart to respond to your urging, I am sure this is one thing you have planned for me to do.  I just don't want to jump ahead of You. Cause if there is one thing I know for sure, it is that You are in the details. And I am waiting on your plan. AMEN

No comments: