Thursday, August 4, 2011

Watching God Bless My Husband


Today is a day of rejoicing for answered prayer in my life.  Not only in mine but in my husband's as well. I think a blog about seeking God's input into my life must also deal with the answered prayer.  Each day he answers my prayers in some way. God has provided in a special way in our lives and I just want to praise him for it. As we began to pray for the Lord to meet our needs, my husband became frustrated with me that I would not pursue having our needs met from his expected sources. And he has pursued with all his might to have our needs met from his expected sources.  But the Lord has told me in my heart not to go looking there, but look only to HIM.  In addition, I felt that I really needed to pray that God's would bless my husband so that he might see God's provisions. It isn't that he wasn't trusting God, but that he has never quite rested in those provisions coming from God in any way other than that my husband worked really hard for it.  He loves his job, but it often is not enough. Our bodies are not able to work so hard any more. We need God to fill the gap in a number of areas. It has been a pleasure to watch my husband slowly see one door open and another close - To see God give to him in ways he never invisioned. It is not coming from my spouse striving harder, but from him focusing on following God's path to blessings.
God has chosen not to provide through me, and I have known all along why. He needed to open a few doors for my beloved.  It is God's unexpected means of blessing us, that gives us a clearer view of His hand on our lives.  If the blessing comes from expected sources, we might not attribute the good gifts of a Loving Heavenly Father to the proper source.  So God sometimes puts a lock on our expectations, while he opens the doors that turn our focus on Him.
So today I thank Him.

Lord, I praise you for answering prayer, for giving assurance of your involvement in our lives.  For drawing my husband's attention to who is really providing for us. Not that he didn't know, but he tends to set expexctations, based on what he knows, not on faith sometimes... as we all do. So I delight that he has sought your face, and you have answered in unexpected ways. AMEN

No comments: