Thursday, June 14, 2012

So many uses for smooth flat stones

This tiny shell with coral attatched is so cute.
It reminds me of a little lamb curled up, or a baby's bootie.
Since my blog has changed its format, it doesn't seem as familiar, and I don't enjoy blogging as well. Also, like most updates, things that were once very easy are more like another blog I use and are hard.  Sometimes progress just isn't progress. But I have been spending alot of time doing some things I have wanted to do for a long time.  One is to take pictures of my seashells.  There are a few logistics to getting pictures of something like seashells. One is that you need a container that is low and flat and doesn't cast shadows. Two, is you need a surface that allows you to move all or some of them at once. Three, unless you use sand or water, most backgrounds take away from the pictures.  So, the reason I haven't already taken pictures of my shells, is that I had not figured out the logistics. Well, the answers dawned on me this week, and it turns out, that I didn't have to buy a container like I thought, and I had everything I needed to make stuff disappear and not get caught up in the pictures. Plus, I did't have to spend hours on my knees, breaking my back and neck bending over sand.  What I needed has been here ever since we brought home our smooth river stones.
These are about the size of a dime, but
I love how white they are.
I love my bucket of rocks. They are good for so many things. But what I found out, was that they are excellent to stand around the edges of my tray as a background.  They look so natural.
As I went back to my set up, again and again over a couple of days, the light changed and I rearranged the stones and shells to make different groups of shells and I attempted to get in every shell I loved. While I worked, a song from our children's church years ago ran through my head. 
"Only a Boy named David....Only a little brook. ....Only a boy named David and 5 little stones he took."  I have no idea who wrote  the song, but we sang it often to teach the children that whatever task God gives us to do, he will provide what we need to get it done.   David needed stones for his sling shot, and though he would use only one, he took from the abundance of small smooth rocks, 5 to be assured that he was prepared for now and later as well.
I have learned over the years that I ususally have access to what I need, I just need to be inventive, or open my eyes and look around. 
Thank you Lord for your provision, and for the beauty of things like seashells.  Like the pink clouds that are clinging to the evening sky, every little thing you made in this world amazes me and gives me delight to see.  Help me use the pictures in some way to bless someone. AMEN

1 comment:

Cynthia A. Wilkerson said...

5 is the number of Grace. An accrostic for Grace is
G God's
R Riches
A At
C Christ's
E Expense.
I need to wear it around my neck. LOl