Thursday, June 21, 2012


On the "MY WINGS ARE MADE OF FAITH" blog this week, God impressed me to share examples of how we can know we live in a perpetual state of renewal from the nature of sin, and I stuggled a bit to write it in such a way that I hoped Satan would not turn what I was saying into something I was not saying.  For instance, someone might believe that I was saying that when you go to sleep you awaken each day sinless.  Well, no.  We can pray any time of day or night on the literal sense to receive the gift of renewal in the spiritual sense.  But it is like resting from our sin nature and waking as refreshed as if we never sinned.
Since the Lord uses the day and night as a reference himself in Hebrews 4, I found it difficult to escape the appearance that we go around living part of the time in sin and part of the time sinless and I knew that was not what the Spirit was teaching me.  It was the nagging twist of Satan to confuse my understanding of what God was saying.
So to resolve this, I asked God how I should easily see clearly what He was trying to tell us. And he made it so simple.
If we see ourselves like the earth, not as a being on the earth the image is clear.  The earth is constantly turnng before the sun. If we are earth and God is the sun, the sunny side is not in darkness which we will define as sin, and the dark side (sin) is never in the direct view of the sun, (God).  In other words, we are constantly in the presence of sin and God at the same time, but God put sin away from him. He is always at work shedding his light on the darkness. Sin cannot withstand the Son. And the side of earth that is in darkness may also be at rest, in confidence that the light will soon touch it's face. We are in a constant state of turning from sin to sinlessness.  And the Sun always, causes the darkenss to flee. It is a perpetual, constant state of renewal.
What's more, in this scenario, if I am made by God and this is how he made things to be, then I can be content that I don't have to make changes in the plan. Instead I can rest in the perpetual state of being turned from darkeness to light. I should regard the time I am in darkness as an opportunity to sleep, and not worry about my sin. Because God is in a perpetual act of taking care of my sin.
Isaiah 60:1
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

Thank you Father, that although I can clearly see myself totally in the darkenss of sin without your light, I can rest that, in your light, it is as if I were totally without sin. And that the side of me that you look upon is the side on which you see only your reflection. You see YOU in me. Not my sin. Just as if the earth would be lifeless without the sun, I am lifeless without you. But if I walk not in darkness but in the light, I live in renewal and rest.   AMEN

No comments: