Wednesday, July 11, 2012

When I take pictures, my favorites are the macros.  Being behind a lens that magnifies the details of tiny things that I often can't see with my eyes, simply amazes me.  But more than that, it gives me more reasons to believe in God.  My understanding of God grows with the glimpses I get of beauty and design in every thing that exists. It is difficult to get a picture of a flower which will sometimes seem static, without finding there are tiny bugs living among the leaves. Like the song about the frog in the pond, there is always something tinier. As with the universe there is always something bigger.  That says to me that God is so much grander than I can put my mind around. But the very assurance that it is true, is why I beleive there is a God.
The patterns, the images, the colors, the systems, the designs, the likenesses and differences, the fact that things stay together in an environment that is pulling apart...the more I know the more I believe that there is something that holds it all, molds it all, remakes it all, renews it all, and gives it power and beauty. The cycles of life and death, and the workings of things as inanimate as minerals to bolster life, are parts of a design to me. And because God is a designer, I love to see his majesty working through little ole' me.
When I was a child, I loved that he gifted me with the ability to see his great works. But when I had a friend in school who was blind, I loved how he gifted her to experience his great works. She simply amazed me how she was even more a part of her elements than I could ever be.  She lived in constant communion with things I missed.  She used sound and air in a way that I only saw through her eyes.  Without sight, she understood things with a unique means of observation.
Every thing on earth is linked in some way to every other thing. It is so difficult for me to believe that there is nothing that links them.  Just a pure old accident of an explosion? It leaves a lot for me to question about what was there before the bang! So much organization, repetition, with great contrasts of myriads of color and varieties in uniqueness....it has to be by design and to be such there must be a designer.

Thank you God for the diversities and similarities in the great design of the universe and all that is in it. We will never lack a reason to know more about your marvelous creation. Thank you for the Word which helps us try to wrap our mind around the immensity of it all. Thank you that in the hugeness of it all, you considered human kind worthy of your special love and consideration. In Jesus name, AMEN

No comments: