Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Just prayer...

One of the verses which blessed me this week,
from my facebook page Prinked Ink ~ Inspiration

I come to the garden this morning as the sun gets just high enough to cast a stream of light into my bedroom window. But I come to simply pray. Since Jimmy has retired, we sleep in and stay up late.  He has worked quite hard lately on a number of projects that needed doing so badly. We have had the help of our beloved grandson, on the yardwork, and I am so thankful he is not alergic to poison ivy and oak as I am, because he has avoided the doctor visits etc that I have incurred. But I am so delighted to use this post to rejoice in a mile marker for him, because he got his first real job. Something he has been working on for sometime. 

I pray for him at his new job.  He likes to do things his own way, Lord. Help him to work at the necessary pace and still be cool headed, and wise in his choices. Help him handle money appropriately, and accurately. Give him the instincts he will need to stay focused and care about the profits for his company. Help him enjoy the customers without becoming overly involved with them that  it distracts him from necessary work.  Help him be cleanliness minded since he is handling food. And above all, may he have a testimony for you.  May he be kind to the children, and respectful of their parents.  Help him be a good employee at all times.
Thank you dear Lord for the new sink fixtures. Having to buy them has cut into our budget for bills. So we need money from an unexpected source.  About $200 for them and weekly food and gas until pay day.  You are our source, more now than ever. Lead us to make wise choices as we depend upon you in this new stage of our lives.  I am trying not to let threats of government's lack of wisdom to cause me to fear. 

Guide our leadership into a more responsible path. Help them figure out this train wreck of too much credit we extended ourselves all across the world. Lord bring balance to our nation, and financial blessing that will help us to repay our bills to other nations. We have forgiven other nations their debt sometimes. But they depend so deeply on us to help them in some nations, that our failure hurts people.

Thank you for the trillium and other wildflowers. Please help them live in my yard for many years to come. Long after I am gone.  They are such a blessing.  If I might ask for one more blessing from the wild, help us find a pitcher plant that can be happy here. Or a couple so they might multiply.
I pray for our neighbors who need thee.  One arriving home from the hospital with stents in his legs, and one due to the ambulance yesterday...what ever their need. 
I pray for myself, for healing from whatever caused the rash and swelling. Help me to remember to take the time to avoid exposure from now on.  I must wear gloves and wash in bleach water like the doctor said. Renew our strength Lord to enjoy our remaining days on this earth, and to do what will be a blessing while we are here. We need to have our physical home painted and dressed in newness. There is old wood, old peeling paint, old carpet and flooring that are in desparate need. Please provide just as you did for the roof.  I am accepting your blessing even before it arrives.
Lord thank you for peace of mind. Peace for our country at this time. Peace in my marriage. Help me to keep peace precious in my life.

Bless the marriages of my children and step grand children. Help Carley get well soon. I pray for the babies on the way. Help those families with their needs, and to take on wise and Godly attitudes for life's ups and downs. You have brought one to a better place, now Lord give the other a heart for your grace.  Give their wives strength and blessings.

Thank you for the flowers.  Help us be able to fill the planters we bought last year with beauty.  It would be such a shame to not be able to use them.  I prefer plants that will come back year after year, and multiply. But according to thy will I look forward to your bounty.
I accept your blessings on me, and pray that someone looking in might also be willing to surrender the out come of something in their life to you, and simply accept your bounty. May they see the love you have for us, as a great plan to truly bless us.  And may great things come their way as well, from the blessed hand of God.

You are worthy of praise, you are a wonder and a friend. You are my strength. My anchor. I love your still small voice. I love the peace you bring. I love walking with you, in assurance and love. I praise you for your mighty hand of protection and security. For your promises, and that you keep them. For the future you have planned for me and my family. For food and necessities which I did not always have. I praise you for good health and restoration from the tole life takes on our bodies.  I ask you for life that is well lived according to your desires for us on this earth.  Thank you for rest, and also for activity. Give us strength to exercise properly. Thank you for a our present state of stability. I needed a rest from life's chaos.

Help Jimmy to adjust to daytime life, and find an ability to sleep well at night. It might be a new thing that he sleep well at all. Please bring healing to that area of his life. We have looked into almost everything the doctors can do. But in their inability is the greater blessing that you are the great physician, and have no lack of ability to act upon his life with the miracle he needs.

"I come to the Garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses, and the voice I hear...."   Thank you for being there Lord.

May I hear your voice, clearly. Lead me now Lord as I stand silently before you. AMEN


Later in this day -------------THANK YOU so much Jesus for your mighty answer to prayer. ANd so fast!!!


No comments: