Tuesday, December 27, 2011


When trials and frustrations erupt into our lives like explosions, I find that 90% of our stress is created by miscommunication, or misunderstanding. Our reactions to the stress usually indicate the status of our the weariness of our body, mind and soul. And our ability to trust God to take care of things. Feelings of insecurity develop after we lose loved ones, and endure losses of life's status quo.  Our bodies and minds reel even in the face of newness.
In recent months I have had to replace simple things which broke or were simply so old as to not function.  When our refigerator sprang a leak the other day, it was only a small part that needed fixing, and I found myself, saying thank you Lord that we didn't have to buy a new fridge, because in the back of my mind I was thinking how I didn't want to have to learn to use another simple appliance that somebody made technical.  For at least 3 days, my mind tried to reject the phone I had to get to replace the one I had. After being strapped for so long, it seems everything is wearing out at once. If I dwelt on the loss I would not have remedy for the confusion.  Allowing that the Lord is helping to make things new, I am thankful, but the newness leaves me stumbling to catch up with the technologies, or just how to use the new.
Even with a fresh start, I feel uneasy.  Yet this year, I have found something wonderful in how I trust the Lord.  I cannot put it into words or I would help everyone understand, for the difference it has made in my life. I do know that I claim the Lord's promises with greater peace of mind, and am more secure than in years of His work and power in my life. He is actively partnering with me to make the words of his Book of Truth function as He said they would. Not that he hasn't in the past, but that each day I see His work in my life and I hear his still small voice in spite of the din of things that might otherwise capture my attention before I seek his face.  Now I find that as the stress rises, I find myself first going to his principles to pray a quick and simple prayer based on promises to ask the Lord to intervene.  I wish to praise Him, for honoring his Word.  A life based on the freedom he gave us, and claiming His truth for every circumstance in life to guide my steps and focus my choices is definitely making a difference. In other words, I am learning to get the knowlege in my head into a routine of application to my heart's condition, and the steps of my walk.  And it is truly bringing me the peace He promised.  I have no resolutions for the new year, except to know more of what the Lord has given me in this year. I don't want to become a God Freak.... I want to become more of what God created me to be, as his child, secure in His love and be able to share that peace with someone who needs it.
Lord, be my constant guide, and light my candle anew each and every day. I wish to thank you for the access to your Word, and for the results that honoring and applying the promises in it is making in my walk. Thanks for loving me and being my constant friend. AMEN

No comments: