Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dear friends of mine have just lost a son and grandson who passed suddenly into the arms of God.  He is the same age as my grandson.  His mother was in my Sunday School class years ago. Had we remained in Georgia, I have no doubt they would have remained aquaintances through church.  My heart aches for them, because I can not imagine loosing our Dakota. This sweet mother through her trauma has expressed her expectation of God's Grace to carry her through. She is looking early to the Lord for comfort and has claimed his Peace.  When I looked at her facebook page to determine where they lived now, I saw a comment on her page written when she put up her site.  She says something like- "courage in women is mistaken for insanity."  I can't help but think how insane it would look to some people to say you have the Peace of God in the death of your child.  I can't say that I would have that same courage initially.  I would have to fight back self and my own emotions, I believe, until I could seek God's peace. So I wondered, is that what it takes to turn immediately to the strength of God's Grace? Courage?  The fighting kind?  I know this family, and I know their faith. Faith, Peace and Courage won't give them a child back, but they wouldn't bring him back.  What is foremost in their minds, is their genuine love of Jesus. They see him with Jesus. They are looking at death the way Christ wants us to. He wanted us to see it as a passage into a better world.  Not that we should seek death, but rather that we should not fear it.  I think I have lost sight of that a bit.  Her son just walked through the doors of HEAVEN!  Jesus said we should rejoice in that day.  When I was a child I used to get excited when I thought of the day my Mom would run in Heaven.  I didn't fear death at all. As I enter the last era of my own life,  I let the sadness of things I could not accomplish in life overshadow the joy I should be having at nearing the day of my own passage to see the face of Jesus, to be in that better place. To join the saints who have gone before.  It is an assurance of the wonder of Christ's love that give the kind of peace that carries you through the heartache of losing a child.  May God bless my friends in their hour of need and I pray he holds them very, very close.  Love them Jesus, like you have never loved them before.  Show your mighty love. In ways they shall never forget. Replace the pangs of loss with infinite joy, in knowing your supernatural intervention. In your name and by your blood, dear Jesus, AMEN

No comments: