Wednesday, December 12, 2012

When I began to blog, it was almost a year before I actuallly figured out how to get back to the site.  I was such a novice.  A friend had a wonderful site, which shared her art, and I said I might like to try it, she said I should, and then I was stuck.  I was so embarrassed I didn't even know if I wanted to try again.  But I knew I wanted this format. I wanted to put my thoughts somewhere that I could revisit them. Unlike a journal, where it is a little more difficult to make oneself write often enough to see the progression, the blog encourages more of the inner me to participate.  I can be a little creative, or a lot. I can learn new elements to making a blog work or leave the blog just hanging for my personal use. I can look back and see in the links of the past how God carries me through, and I can build upon the foundation of it to expand its gifts.
Today is the 1000th post on My fellow blogger's site - MY WINGS ARE MADE OF FAITH - by Christy Cotterman.  When she asked me to share posting to her site, I counted it a privelge to lighten her daily load a bit, and expand my horizons.  Over the time we have shared, I have found her heart to be genuinely seeking God's perfect plan for our very unperfect lives.  That's the joy of it.  We can be real, and still seek the masterfulness of a loving God to work out his majesty in our lives.  Let no one ever accuse us of thinking we are so good at it that we never falter and fail.  That's the great thing about blogs.  Being honest about how we are seeking God's face in the midst of chaos, pain, dissapointments, embarrassment - through the lows and highs in our lives, is how God  wants us to share with people that he came to seek the lost.  If you think you have it all in order, you won't like our ramblings.  We are gleaning as much from our posts as we wish you will.  We are sharing how God feeds us his daily dose of blessing.  Hope every one who reads will be blessed in some way, but that they will take a journey as well, with confidence that all good things come from God, and they come through a process.  God has laid a foundation for that process to begin in Jesus Christ and his all forgiving salvation, the work of redemption through his death on the cross and his ressurection to the right hand of the Father.  We lean heavily on the blood shed there as a sheild and a reminder, that we are not alone in this world, no matter how few friends are near.  God never leaves or forsakes us. He is always near in his Spirit, and in fact, we accept and allow that his Spirit indwells us, forever. He is not only near, he is one with our own soul.
I am truly thankful for the opportunity to blog.  And since many of my friends are far away, I see the great opportunity to share my walk with God with friends far away, as yet another way God gave me to connect to people of like mind, whose heart's desire is to serve the Lord with Gladness.

Thank you Lord for blogs, and for friends and for your direction and indwelling Spirit. Continue to walk with us. Lord reach anyone who may benefit from our walk together, but I will be content to know you continue to bless my soul. AMEN

No comments: