Friday, November 4, 2011

Even in Pain We Learn

Today on My Wings Are Made of Faith, I wrote a blog about Unconditional Love. When I sat down to post it, on Thursday, I had a migraine that had almost grown to full force. I don't know about other people's strong headaches, but I know that mine sort of grow to an intensity that I can no longer stand, and then when I have finally taken enough meds to knock it out, I crash and sleep for hours.  But while it is intense, I can't see clearly and my body hurts all down my spine and out into the extremities. When it goes away, it goes away slowly too.  Even after my head stops hurting, my spine continues to hurt for several hours.  Well, I was in the I can't see stage when I was trying to put up my post.

I normally certainly wouldn't find it necessary to tell my readers this, but today I want to show God's grace.  I had also made a nice peice of art to go with the blog. But it wouldn't load from my laptop.  I decided to email it to my PC in order to post it. But my head hurt so badly, I couldn't find where I saved it. I finally decided, I would just post it somewhere today.  In addition, I couldn't see to do the edits on my post.  A couple of edits I thought I had made were not corrected when I read it this morning, so somehow I managed not to save them.  So am I kicking myself this morning. Normally, my perfectionistic self would be hating that I let it go up that way.  But this morning, I have decided to take my own advise and love myself unconditionally.  Flaws and all.  I would like to go back in and correct the errors. And I often will on this blog. But I decided not to today, just so I can make this point.  Sometimes we must accept our circumstances, pain, and flaws and continue to love ourselves.

My favorite saying I have heard lately is the one that is on the Facebook page, Breath Of Fresh Air, which says "I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for."  This morning on Joyce Myers' TV program, she was talking about unconditional love taking some time and effort.  Sometimes years of hanging in there trying to learn to communicate. It is things like this that help me know I am on the right track when listening to God's still small voice. Because the Holy Spirit is sharing God's message with lot's of people.  He wants us to hear him giving us the message that He feels is necessary for the day.  So even in my pain, I learned from the message God gave me to post, and although I am not happy about the headache, or the fact that there are errors in grammar in my post, I can be more than happy that Jesus who loved me, wants me to love myself, 'cause He thought I was lovable enough to die for. 

Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me peace about not being perfect this morning, that I can go on with my day knowing that you will work your love, and grace whether I am perfect or not.  Counting on it. Cause your word will not return void. Love you, Jesus. AMEN

No comments: