Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sharing Blessings and Sorrows

Today, my neighbor's grandchild died.  I am so sorry for this family who has prayed and loved the little one to the age of 7 months.  But since the Lord decided to take her home, I can so relate.  When God chose to take my little grand-daughter, it took me forever to see her in Heaven.  I knew in my heart she was there, but I just couldn't get past the grave. I pray for this family, and the upcoming months of emotional stuff they will have to endure.  But I thank God for their testimony to us all while they waited on the Lord.

I went back and forth this week on whether to put my long blog onto Christy's page - Wings, or here on the Garden.  So I am linking to "My Wings Are Made of Faith" so that it can be read from both blogs.   I have several things I gleaned from researching the battle between living under the law, and living by faith.  It is unclear to many Christians what God expects of us.  I am so glad for Galations 3 & 4 which makes it very clear.

Once we realize that God is the one who brings victory to our battles over sin, and satan, we can find release from sin, and from the power of Satan. We can choose to send Satan Packin'. In today's blog on Wings, Lori discusses freedom from fear, tomorrow I show how Paul taught the Galations freedom from serving the Law.  In both cases, we look to the cross and make decisions to act on our faith. 

I thank God for the ability to claim the power that comes with the cross and a knowlege of a risen savoir, that allows us to paint the blood on the doorposts of our future, to enter boldly the paths God asks us to trod, and expect victory over Satan and Sin...and put fear in it's place.

I praise you dear Lord. AMEN

No comments: